Sunday, March 20, 2011

Loud and Edgy

Is not better.  I worked Rave on the ducks.  Very, very windy.  Couldn't keep the center pen up so abandoned working on the pen.  And it was just as well.  The ducks are still hitting a forcefield at the panels so have to do very small covers and then hold them as they try to pull out or turn back.  And try not to let Rave get in to close and apply to much pressure.  And give the ducks a chance to look and see there are no boggie monsters behind the panel.  And that was were the sharp, edgy commands started.  Stop, away, stop, down, stop, away, come, come, come, stop. Louder and edgier as we went.  But Rave kept her cool and did a good job.  So we continue to work on her taking her commands and I need to work on remaining calm and composed while she does her job.

My training buddy and I went for lunch and when we came back we gave the ducks another go.  Same issues but I handled myself better.  And together we got those ducks through the panel.

1 comment: