Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Ease Up Lady!

I worked Rave on ducks this evening.  Somehow in my efforts to square her away side I have gotten her confused and she almost comes all the way back to me before going away.  Not what I had intended at all!  Well hopefully she will relax with it and start going away when I say away instead of coming back to me and going away right in front of me.    And then when I need it at the center chute she didn't square but sliced on her away.  Which is her weaker side.  Dang.  So I confused her for her distance work and didn't fix her for her pen work.  A Lose, Lose, proposition.

I also am still using a 'mean' voice at the center.  I gotta lighten up.  Rave is getting very worried about me and not enjoying the work.  We have our first trial of the year in a couple of weeks.  I think I am over reacting.  It is just a 'game' after all, not life or death, or even a means to earning a living.  It is suppose to be fun, albeit controlled, for both me and my dog.

1 comment:

  1. Try thinking about her as if she was someone else's dog. Lose the emotional connection and you will be calmer. Ya right easier said than done.

    ReplyDelete