Friday, April 2, 2010
Step Up and Take Charge
I am at a lesson. Rave makes the same mistake over and over. It is not at the location for the skill I had intended on working on. It is 'on the way' there. Do I abandon my plans, step up and make the necessary changes and corrections to stop it? No. Instead I just continue to work on the 'other' issue. The one I set up the lesson to work on. I have done this at many locations, under different trainers. I think it might be because I am unsure if I suddenly start doing something else my trainers will think I am ignoring what they wanted me to do. A lack of self confidence on my part. It is my problem. Another example is the stop. I let it slide at lessons. I have got to correct my behavior if I expect to be able to correct my dog's! I am eager for my next lesson to see if I have learned my lesson yet.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment