I went to Dianne's today for a lesson. We worked sheep in her large outdoor arena. It has been awhile since I worked sheep with Dianne. It was a good lesson. We worked on Rave walking without pushing and squaring her flanks. I was to call her to me before sending her on the away, which is her weaker side. As soon as she turns her head and maybe some of her shoulder I then give her the away. I am not sure she understands the word here as I have never formally taught her a recall. Oh those holes in your training come back to haunt you. I need to really remember to give her a correction when she doesn't properly take a command. I have a tendency to just repeat the command.
Accomplishments, Goals, and Plans- Rave walked, not trotted, for a good part of the lesson
- Command, Correction, Praise
- Continue to 'Drive in a Square' working on squaring her flanks and walking pace
No comments:
Post a Comment