We where suppose to have a lesson with Roy this weekend but the weather was uncooperative. With the storms that moved through his arena was mired in mud and he had repairs to make to his property so the lesson was cancelled.
My training buddy and I decided to get coffee at the local shop and then work my sheep. It was most interesting. The lightning and heavy rain of the night before must have effected the sheep more than I anticipated as the weather was quite pleasant now. The sheep where very flighty, breaking to the repen, not willing to go through panels, etc. I have one katahdin ewe who was particularly good at this. It was great for working on the break away cover without a grip. We never did get a smooth drive going but managed to wobble our way around the course. The center pen as usual was a bit of a mess and I believe I had more than 2 run-aways by that wily ewe but we did get them in in the end. I sure wish I could get a handle on the center so that I could enter a trial with a least a little more confidence that we could accomplish this task.
No comments:
Post a Comment