Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Hang Dogged

Today I went out to Dianne Deal's for a lesson. We worked the sheep in the open field. My goal for today was to get Rave to NOT push. This entailed a lot of walking backwards quickly; in a 40 acre field. I was soon puffing. My thighs were on fire. I couldn't talk. Dianne told me to keep going. She didn't have a clue she was killing me! I might not be able to get out of bed tomorrow. Finally she said okay start driving. Whew. At least I got to walk forward.

So every time Rave broke her walk I was to att att her. Rave was not impressed so I ended up waving my arms and swinging my stick. Rave did slow, and then speed up again. But gradually she did walk. With the saddest little hang dog posture you can imagine. It is much more fun to PUSH!

We did loose the sheep a few times. I didn't see it coming soon enough and Rave would break and have a go at them. When I did turn and have her cover she was much to tight but she was walking on the straight aways and at times she would check up her own pace without me reminding her.

No comments:

Post a Comment