Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Back to Basics Once Again

Worked at Roy's last night.  It was hot so we tried to keep things quiet.
First group was a very heavy set of sheep.  Great for working on push.  I decided to work on taking sheep in unexpected places.  Rave has pretty much figured out that once we pick up the sheep and head out that is the direction we go.  So if I want to go somewhere else, such as in a different venue, then she thinks I have made a mistake in my command.  Not that she wouldn't usually be right in that assumption.  I still find myself saying away when I meant go bye and vice versa!  So we worked taking the sheep to the far corner behind the bush.  It was really fiddling work as she had to apply pressure to one sheep, then lean over and apply pressure to the next to get them to move together.  It was also a great exercise in self control and patience on both of our parts.

The second group was a much lighter group.  So we worked on doing figure eights around the end panels, and taking them through the panels and turning and going right back through. And also worked on the corner get back and flank exercise that we learned at the Roger Stevens clinic.   Ended with a run around the course and through the center chute. 

I was happy with the work that we did last night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment