Saturday, October 16, 2010

Countdown

I had my last lesson with Roy before I leave on Monday morning for the Aussie Nationals in Waco, Texas.  We continued to work on my 'seeing' the correct position for Rave to be in.  I am trying to keep her from over flanking and getting into cow pony mode.  We worked on several different groups of sheep, from light to heavy, to one with a laggart.  I was pleased with what I am learning.  I won't have it down for Waco but at least I am on the right track.

I am really looking forward to this winter and getting back to foundation training.  I can see where we have holes in our foundation.  I micro manage way to much, and seeing how I am late with my commands this is not a good thing.  I need to give Rave the responsibility.  I also want to get back into some open field driving and working on our outrun in preparations for Post Advanced and Ranch trials.  And once again I have been letting my stops slip.  I really need to make sure I am consistent on that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment