Second day of the Montana Trial. I continue to work on Rave taking her commands. Using body language more appropriate to an open dog, making sure she gets out on her pick up on the repen, trying to get her to kick wider on her pen work. Insisting on stops, although on the cross drive I am still not getting them. A little to far. I should cross the line to make it happen but not quite committed enough to totally sacrifice the run. So on the drive up the sides I am trying to make her do her commands. Loosing it on the cross. We did get into some turning back on the cross drive as she over flanked slightly. Again probably should have crossed the line to insure she took it. But I probably won't do that tomorrow either. Sigh. Its so hard to totally give up your run ;-).
I did see some improvement today on attitude. I tried very hard to remain calm and quiet, but again lost it a bit on the cross drive.
We will see how tomorrrow goes.
No comments:
Post a Comment